Our school is an academy however admissions are co-ordinated by Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole Council. If you would like to view information about how to apply you can click the link below which will take you to the Borough's Website. Information for children starting school next September is also accessed by following the link.
The Board of Governors have determined their Admissions Policy copies of which can be reached by clicking the links below.
The process for appealing a decision in relation to a Reception 2020 school place has the following timetable:
Winton Primary School Admissions Timetable for September 2020 Reception Places
Primary School places – Year R – September 2019
Offer letters posted to parents/carers on
National Offer Day by Local Authority 16 April 2020
Deadline for acceptance of offer
By parent/carer 30 April 2020
Deadline for lodging an on-time admission appeal 18 May 2020
Appeal Hearing Dates Between 10 June and 20 July 2020
- Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date
- You will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of your appeal hearing date. School days do not include school holidays, inset days, bank holidays or weekends.
- Appeal are normally heard during the daytime on weekdays and are not normally heard in school holidays. Where there are a number of parents all appealing for places at the same school, the hearings may go over a number of days.
- The school’s case will be dispatched to you and the Panel members at least 5 working days before the start of the appeal hearing
- Additional evidence may be submitted up to 5 working days before the hearing
- Any additional evidence received after this date might not be considered at the appeal hearing. The Appeal Panel will decide whether it should be considered taking into account its significance and the effect of a possible need to adjourn the hearing
- Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent, where possible, within five school days of the end of the hearing
Appeal hearings for in-year places will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
Should you wish to lodge an appeal please contact the Admissions Officer at Winton Primary School who will provide forms and guidance relating to the process. Guidance can also be downloaded from the links below.
Appeals Figures for 2017
Appeals Lodged 1
Appeals Withdrawn 1
Appeals Heard 0
Appeals Figures for 2016
It is useful to be aware of the school's figures relating to appeals in the previous academic year and hence they are published here for 2016 applications:
Then, specifically for Infant Class Size:
ICS Appeals Lodged
ICS Appeals Withdrawn
ICS Appeals Heard
ICS Appeals Upheld
ICS Appeals Rejected